Thursday, November 18, 2010

back to roots!

after shadi i had never been to 'gaon'... so now it was 'gaon' calling for me..
its a small village near jaipur rajasthan... a journey of like 12hrs from gandhinagar gujarat.. the longest i ever travelled...
wen they not asked but told me that we r going.. i was so petrified.. coz not to forget i was going to a completely rural place.. so the protocols were completely different...
also not to forget the very fact of that place being my sasural...

so wat all protocols i followed n wat all i did...
1.complete 'ghoonghat' even my neck shudnt be visible... it doesnt matter whther i topple down ... thkfully i did not.. but i completely igmored the presence of certain ppl coz i really didnt see them.. rather i cudnt see them..
2.brooming up the entire home..
3. making the meal for more then 20 ppl.. day in and day out... thk god thr was normal stove as well..
though thr was a lady.. who got 2 and a half kg aata doughed.. and she came to my mom in law.. and said... 'beendnhi ko bhejo.. roti bana degi chulhe per'... i heard her saying this.. and before i was all set to find a place to hide.. my mom in law straight away told her... use nahi aati banani ... kisi aur ko bol do...
4.i went and washed bartan also... ask me how... wid mitti... trust me its fun... take a plate.. wet it.. put a lot of mitti.. and wipe it off. and den wash it under the tap... and its done.. no detergent required...
5.every body slept thr by 7.. so did i... woke up at 5... no TV so i heard some songs on my cell..
6.everybody liked me.. they said so.. not my wrds... arey kitni achhi hai... ghoonghat bhi karti hai... kaam bhi janti hai karna... (my diwali time practice came handy)
7.wearing salwar kameez is out of the question...i wore saree ... its litttle difficult for me to wear.. and widout a mirror is just next to impossible.. but i managed.. :-)
8. i m not suppose to sit wen husband is around... i need not talk to him.. i need not call him...
9.no hot water to take a bath.. only thanda pani...


over all i had a lot of fun... i made frds thr...wid the nieces and nephews... and i turned out to be the favourite 'chachi'... and like a pied piper..the lil kids of the family were after me whr ever i went... made me feel very comfortable... i fed them wid chocolates and toffees... he he he... it was difficult for them to pronounce 'abhilasha'... but den i taught them....
'abhi' bolo ab 'lasha' bolo... ab dono ko ek sath bolo... abhiiiiii.....laashaaa..... abhilasha chachi talk of the town.. sorry gaon...
yesterday that was 17th we came back... three days just went like that... i had the most peaceful sleep thr... i had a good time... i m really looking forward for the next trip....

in Rome..do as the romans do... thats the way it is.... :-)



3 comments:

  1. hehe...a really gharelu young lady, is what you made me think of..(Please-don't throw the pillow)..it's great that you took care of everything in the right spirit, and hence, ended up enjoying the trip..that's the way it should always be...(You did sound like Tom Sawyer, at one point-you know, how he used to convince others to do his tasks- you reminded me of him when you said how nice it was to wash bartans with mitti..ROFL).
    ---
    Waise, there's one dialogue you didn't mention- and, I hope you did say it at least once:"Aji, sunte ho?" Or, since you wouldn't be allowed to take hubby's name, did you say 'mer woh kahaan hain?'...or, introducing him to others as 'Yeh to mere woh hain'...grin grin grin.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah!! wat i did was...since i have no kids so i cant call him xyz ke papa.. so wat i did was.. i asked small kids around... arey jakar apne chacha ko bulana...dheere se bolna.. chachi bula rahi hai.. but thats ok... here also in guj... i dont talk to him in front of my in laws.. i ask him to keep looking at me all the time.. and read thru my eyes... :-)
    arey btw .. maine wahan ek fauj khadi kar li.. mujhe khet mein se tamatar aur baingan todne the..so wat i did was.. i divided them into two teams.. and sat at the corner of the khet.. and counted till 20 and made dem get the thgs done.. a competition sort of... and i gave 50 bucks each... cool know... they got me more den 200 tamatars.. and around fifty baingan.. cool know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord- how cunning/smart can you get?I told you, you reminded me of Tom Sawyer, getting his friends to paint the fence..and,you did the same- with baingan-tamaatar...hahaha.:)good going.:)
    ----
    As for the 'jaakar chacha ko bulaana'...ah well,that's a good way to call.:)Sigh-and,here I was,hoping you'd say you used the 'yeh to mere woh' dialogue..hahaha.

    ReplyDelete